In-Home Health Aide
a Caring Companion is hiring In-Home Health Aides and Caregiver’s and seeking the highest for Full and Part-time private duty homecare positions within Dayton and surrounding areas.
In-Home Health Aide and Caregiver Responsibilities
- Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services, and teaching families.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, making a list including shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient.
- Advises on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying family supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Help patient with activities of daily living.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintaining security precautions, and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits]
All Positions are filled as Subcontract positions. Full and Part-Time. We are a 24/7 365 day a year agency.
- Holiday Pay
In-Home Health Aide Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Nursing Skills
- Health care administration
- Patient services
- Verbal communication
- Emotional control
- Medical Teamwork Assistance
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements for In-Home Health Aides and Caregivers:
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR/FA, 1 & 2 (within 6-12 months of hire), and CPI certification (Helpful but not required)
- Any state-mandated certification
- Minimum 3+ year(s) professional or personal experience supporting individuals with disabilities, mental illnesses, or challenging behaviors.
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license, provide current registration and insurance, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years
- Must be over 21 years old
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Pass a Drug and Background Check